Janice Niemeyer, PT
LIVING THE DREAM...
"From a young age, I was certain of three things: One, I wanted to be in healthcare; two, I wanted to be my own boss; and three, I wanted to help people improve their general health. Today, as one of the founders/owners of Hastings Physical Therapy, I enjoy the many aspects of physical therapy and being an active member in my community. I'm fulfilling my dream of being a good healthcare advocate."
- BS: Physical Therapy, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- BA: Biology, Hastings College, Hastings, NE
- CE: Myofascial Release I, Myofascial Unwinding, Duane Saunders' FCE System, Matheson Functional Job Analysis, Urinary Incontinence
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association (National & State) Orthopedics, Private Practice & Women's Health Sections
Sean Vonderfecht, MPT, OCS, Certified MDT
MAKING A DIFFERENCE...
"I chose a career in healthcare because I love working with people. Plus, my family is very healthcare-oriented. I chose physical therapy specifically because I played sports in high school and college and was a physical therapy patient myself. As a therapist, I believe my most important objective is to provide maximum functional outcomes for our clients in a fun and relaxed manner. I feel I really make a difference in a lot of peoples' lives."
- MA: Physical Therapy, The College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
- BA: Biology, Concordia University, Seward, NE
- OCS: Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- Cert. MDT: Certified in Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy of the Spine
- Other Special Certifications:
McKenzie Evaluation and Treatment of the Spine (A-D);
Isernhagen Work Systems in FCE;
Functional Job Analysis & Work Conditioning/Hardening
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association (National & State) North American Spine Society McKenzie Institute
- Presenter at North American Spine Society Annual meeting in Exercise Booth 2014 & 2015.
Scott Bjerke, OTR/L, CHT
GETTING YOU BACK TO WORK...
"When people ask me what I do for a living, I am proud to say that I am an occupational therapist specializing in hand care. I know how much people rely on their hands at work. That's why I take great pride in being able to help people return to work after an injury."
- BS: Occupational Therapy, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- BS: Biology with Environmental Health Emphasis, University of Nebraska, Kearney, NE
- CE: Surgery & Rehabilitation of the Hand with Emphasis on Elbow & Shoulder Injuries; Flexor and Extensor Tendon Repairs; Emphasis on the Wrist and Hand Trauma; Contemporary Concepts in Wrist & Hand Rehab.
- Certifications: Certified Hand Therapist; Superficial, Deep and Electrotherapeutic Agents; Isernhagen Work Systems Functional Job Analysis; Post Offer Pre-Employment Work Screen Development
- Member: American Occupational Therapy Association (National & State)
Tyan Boyer, PT, DPT, CSCS
MAXIMIZING PATIENTS' ABILITIES
“I’ve always known I wanted to pursue a career in healthcare. After being treated as a patient, I wanted to have the impact on others like the one my therapist had on me. I love that physical therapy allows me to connect with my patients beyond an occasional 15-minute office visit. As a therapist, I believe it is important to push my patients to help them achieve their goals. I get the greatest joy out of my job when I see my patients overcome physical and mental hurdles that they did not believe to be possible. Seeing the improvements that a patient can make from visit to visit keeps me motivated to continue to grow and challenge myself as a therapist to provide the quality care that each patient deserves.”
- DPT: University of Nebraska Medical Center- Kearney, Kearney, NE
- BS: Exercise Science, minor in Health Sciences University of Nebraska- Kearney, Kearney, NE
- CE: Anatomy of the Upper Limb and Application to Physical Therapy Evaluation and Treatment; Sports Physical Therapy; Tendon Rehabilitation; Faster, Stronger, Younger? Embracing and Enhancing the Movements of Young Athletes; Advanced Rehabilitation to Optimize Return-to-Sport Outcomes After ACL Reconstruction; Little Big Leagues: Youth Overhead Athlete Performance Considerations With Serves, Strokes, and Throws; RTS for Martial Artists: Exploring Final 20% for Grapplers, Strikers, What We’re Doing at UFC
- Certifications: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Member: American Physical Therapy Associations (National & State)
Jaysa Hoins, PT, DPT
MAXIMIZING PATIENTS' ABILITIES..
“Growing up I was always drawn to the field of healthcare and intrigued by the complexities of it. I grew up with sports being a huge part of my life and love that physical therapy allows me to use exercise to help educate patients on how they can take control of their pain. Physical therapy provides the opportunity to help my patients achieve the goals they set and return to normal activities of daily life with greater ease following an injury.”
- DPT: University of Nebraska Medical Center- Omaha, NE
- BS: Biology, Doane University-Crete, NE
- CE: Anatomy of the Upper Limb and Application to Physical Therapy Evaluation and Treatment; Sports Physical Therapy, Management of Vestibular Disorders
- Member: American Physical Therapy Associations (National & State), Orthopedic Section
Physical Therapy Assistants
Sherri Stroh, PTA
GOING THE EXTRA MILE...
"I enjoy what I do, especially the camaraderie with all sorts of different people. What keeps me going are my patients, and that's a big part of why I always try to go the extra mile to meet their needs."
- BS: Fitness & Leisure Management, University of Nebraska, Kearney, NE
- AD: Physical Therapist Assistant, Colby Community College, Colby, KS
- CE: Pilates, Myofascial, Functional Rehab of the Shoulder
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association (National & State)
Shayla Frakes, PTA
"I have always enjoyed helping others, so I knew I wanted a career were I could positively impact lives. I believe making connections and building trust help when it comes to a patient's motivation."
- PTA: Physical Therapy Assistant, Northeast Community College, Norfolk, NE
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association (National and State)
Wendy Fjeldheim, PTA
HELPING PEOPLE IMPROVE...
“I have been a PTA for 23 years and have been fortunate enough to have gained a wide range of clinical experience. For the past 12 years my primary focus has been on Aquatic Therapy. Helping people to break the cycle of experiencing chronic pain that leads them to inactivity, resulting in immobility. Helping people to experience a less painful way to regain control and lead them down a path to a healthier, more active future—this is what motivates me.”
- AD: Clarkson College 1998 Omaha, NE
- CE: Pilates Method; Functional Fitness after 40; Aquatic Therapy Handling; Techniques & Movement Facilitation; Watsu I; Watsu II; Clinical Application of Relaxation, Breath & Movement Awareness
- Certifications: ATRIC Aquatic Therapy (Rehab Institute Certified); Tai Chi Instructor Certified (Movement for Better Balance)
Riley Gallagher, PTA
PASSION FOR HEALTH...
“Throughout my life I have always enjoyed surrounding myself with individuals as well as personal fitness. After becoming a therapy patient myself in high school and with therapy having a significant impact on my life, I knew this was the career I wanted. As a Physical Therapist Assistant, I get to combine my passion for health by educating individuals and assist leading them to reach their fitness goals.”
- AD: Physical Therapist Assistant, Colby Community College Colby KS
- AA: Colby Community College Colby KS
- CE: Delay the Disease, Pain Science
- Certifications: LSVT BIG Certified